About Us Welcome About Apostle Ministry Requests Vision Statement Mission Statement Core Values Tenets of Faith Contact Us
eNews Signup Ministry Requests Global Partnership Bookstore Partners Login Ministry Donations Ministry Blog
TENETS OF FAITH
1. THE HOLY BIBLE INSPIRED BY GOD: We believe that the Old and New Testament are the inspired Word of God. We subscribe that we will not add to The Word or take away from it; and the law of the Lord is perfect and sure. The Word of God is not subject to speculation, subjection or opinion. We will speak where the Bible speaks and be silent where the Bible is silent.
(II Timothy 3: 16-17, Deuteronomy 4: 2, Psalms 19: 7, Hebrews 4: 12).
2. HEAVEN AND HELL: We believe that Heaven and hell exist; and eternal life awaits the righteous Christian believer. Likewise, our faith tells us the "unsaved" will go away into everlasting punishment unless they repent from their wicked ways.
(Matthew 25: 46, Revelation 21: 8, Luke 16: 19-25).
3. TRUE REPENTANCE: We contend that true repentance is the result of confession of sins truthfully to God and the turning away from such sin. True repentance can only be achieved under the unction of the Holy Spirit and not in one's own strength. Persons who are in a state of spiritual bondage will require deliverance. We further contend that true repentance is required to live a successful Christian life.
(I John 1:9, Proverbs 28: 13, Isaiah 55:7, Hebrews 8: 12)
4. THE HOLY TRINITY: We believe in the Holy Trinity: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. We believe in a triune God who is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. He coexists in living and eternal.
(Deuteronomy 6: 4, Matthew 28: 19, II Corinthians 13: 14, Luke 1: 35).
5. THE HOLY TRINITY: We believe that if the Spirit of God be lifted up, He will draw all mankind unto Him. We believe that, by faith, we as Christian believers can be Spirit-led to win "the lost" to Christ. This is an integral responsibility of every believer! We further believe in confession with the mouth and the heart that Jesus Christ was crucified, resurrected and ascended into Heaven. We believe that His blood was shed that we might be sanctified, redeemed and justified.
(Romans 10: 9-10, John 1: 12, Acts 16: 31)
6. BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT: This is for every believer whose heart has been cleaned and endowed with "Power from on High." The Pentecostal Baptism with the Holy Spirit, accompanied with the evidence of speaking in "tongues" as the Spirit gives utterances. We believe that this Baptism gives great empowerment to Christians to fight the spiritual battles that have become fiercer as the Messiah's return draws nigh.
(Acts 2: 1-4, Acts 1:8, Acts 10: 44-48, Acts 19: 1-6)
7. SANCTIFICATION: We affirm sanctification for a successful Christian life. Sanctification is an act of separation from that which is evil; and dedicating ones life to Almighty God. (Romans 12: 1-2), I Thessalonians 5: 23, Hebrews 13: 12). The Scriptures teach us that a life of "holiness" is required to "see" God. (Hebrews 12: 14). The power of the Holy Spirit allows us to obey this command: "Be holy; for I and holy." (I Peter 1: 15-16, Zechariah 4: 6). We believe that sanctification is an on-going process in the life of the Christian believer. The believer must recognize and affirm his/her identification with Christ in the death and resurrection, by faith. The believer must also "die daily" to self by walking and living in the Spirit.
(Romans 6: 1-13, Romans 8: 1-17, Galatians 2: 20, Galatians 5: 16-18).
8. JUSTIFICATION: We believe that crucifixion of Jesus Christ and His blood that was shed for our sins has "justified" the Christian believer. We affirm that we as Christian believers became "dead in the trespasses and sins." Through Christ we are "made alive," "born again," and justified by faith through The Atonement.
(Romans 5: 1-12, Romans 3: 24-28, Ephesians 2: 1-8, Romans 4: 12-16).
9. THE RESURRECTION: We believe that the crucified body of Jesus Christ ascended into Heaven on the third day. He sits on the right hand of Almighty God interceding for His saints. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the "just and faithful" before the thousand years and the "unjust and wicked" after the thousand year reign.
(Acts 2: 22-24, I Corinthians 15: 4-8, Romans 8: 34, Daniel 12: 2, John 5: 25-29, Revelation 20: 4-5).
10. ORDINANCES: We believe and observe the Lord's Supper, (Luke 22: 19-20, I Corinthians 11: 23-33) and water baptism by immersion: "In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit."
(Matthew 28: 19, Matthew 3: 15-17, Acts 2: 38, Romans 6: 3-4, Colossians 2: 12).
11. SPIRITUAL GIFTS: We believe that spiritual gifts are available to all Christian believers. The Holy Spirit will divide the gifts according to the will of the Father or according to the need and purpose He has destined for the believer's life (I Corinthians 12: 11). The great Apostle Paul said that we should "covet earnestly the best gifts." (I Corinthians 12: 31) that ye may excel to the edifying of the church. (I Corinthians 14: 12).
12. HEALING IN THE ATONEMENT: Jesus Christ took our infirmities and our sickness (Matthew 8: 17) and "with His stripes we are healed" (Isaiah 53:5). We believe in the laying on of hands on the sick, oppressed and even the possessed. We thank Him for the anointing He has given to break every yoke of sickness and bondage. (Mark 16: 17-20).
13. SPIRITUAL WARFARE: We believe that Satan was originally created a perfect being. He rebelled against God, and as a result was expelled from Heaven with a host of fallen angels. Satan became the adversary of God and His people and seeks to devour God's people. (I Peter 5:8). Satan has been judged and defeated at The Cross and seeks to take as many souls as he can to hell. We believe that we are wrestling a spiritual battle and Christians must be taught how to fight this battle.
(Ephesians 6: 10-12, II Corinthians 10: 4, Luke 10: 19, Luke 9: 1, Revelation 12: 9, John 10: 10).
14. THE PRE-MILLENNIAL RETURN OF THE LORD: We believe in the rapture and waiting saints, the great tribulation, and the return of our Lord with the saints and the holy angels. We further believe that we will reign in His power and great glory on the earth for a thousand years.
(I Thessalonians 2: 14-17, Matthew 25: 31, Acts 1: 11, Revelation 20: 4, Jude 14:15).